Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The wind is not your friend

My son was sick on Monday morning, so I did not go to work. It was killing me to look out side and see how nice the weather was, but not be able to go ride. I could no longer take it and when I was texted about someone riding after work, I knew I needed to figure out how to fit it in to my schedule. Eventually I figured it out and the ride was planned. It was supposed to be an easy ride and I figured I was in for what ever the plan was going to be.

What I didn't count on was just how hard the wind was blowing. It did not matter how hard we were riding, an easy ride was no longer a possibility.  We just pulled the best that we could with the head wind or cross wind. Overall it seemed that we were doing ok for the conditions, but it was not as fast as I would have liked. The problem is that I could not do any more no matter what I wanted the pace to be.

We ended up with a nice ride with plenty of climbing and I was still blown apart before I was back home. I guess we pushed it a little harder than I thought we would, but that is really not a surprise. Even though I could have used a nice and easy ride, I am happy with what we did ride. My legs were blown up, but I still got a good ride in. A little less wind would have been nice, but I will take a warm day no matter what the wind is doing. I am running out of time before the first race of the year and still have a lot of training to do. I just hope to get to a place that I am happy with. There is nothing like a few 13 degree climbs at the end of the ride to keep you on your toes.


No comments:

Post a Comment