Friday, July 19, 2019

I am so out of tune with you



Since the Lumberjack my riding has not been the greatest. I took some easy weeks and not enough riding to help get me here. It is yet to be determined if this is a good thing or not, but currently I can't see the good in it. My legs are not very strong at all and my heart rate/lung capacity seems like I have taken half a year off. I am always tired and really struggling to get moving. I have been trying to motivate myself to be more motivated, but that is not very easy.

I have done a little bit of bike work that has been needed, but always have more I could do. I have been watching some of the tour and the Wold Cup MTB races have helped make me want to be motivated, just getting out the door has been the hardest part. Back in the end of 2016 I started using song titles for my rides. I had been trying to use better titles than just "afternoon ride", but when some friends were doing this I figured I might as well follow along. I have a lot of thoughts and songs that go through my head on rides anyway, so it should not be that hard. I was surprised at how many times in a ride I would think I have a good title for the ride and then do something completely different by the time I was done.

I was recently thinking about all of the lyrics I have used and wondered how many times I have duplicated the same one. I found a pretty easy way to export my list and sort them to see. It turns out that I used lyrics for almost 350 rides and only had 7 lyrics that were duplicated and couple of those were not exact copies. I will say that is a lot better than I thought. As I looked through the list, it was nice to actually remember most of the rides and what made me use that lyric for the title. I don't think a title of "afternoon ride" would spark the same memories. So for fun I am listing the lyrics below hoping to keep sparking memories and helping me find motivation to keep moving forward.


$2 When I’m hard up
A bigger better slice is what you like 
A couple more shots of whiskey and I’m going down to englewood
a little messed up but we're all alright 
Ain’t lookin for nothin but a good time
All I can say is that my life is pretty plain 
All I want to do is put a drink in my hand
All I wanted was a Pepsi
All we are is dust in the wind
All who wonder are not lost, but some are
And everybody hurts sometimes
And I have been drunk now for over two weeks
And I just got a message sayin that hell has frozen over 
And I just want to be alive while I'm here 
And I'm 'a keep my pants saggy
And its gone daddy gone 
And now that Saturday’s all gone
And that's the way we get by 
And the tiny ship was lost 
And there will always be stop and go and fast and slow. 
And these ashes are all I got left 
And you still don't like to leave before the end of the show 
Answers don’t come in any one direction 
Are you dead or are you sleeping 
As we all do under its gaze, the yellow moon on the rise 
As we roll down this unfamiliar road 
Bangin ho’s and popin pills
Blame it on that simple twist of fate 
Busted down in Baton Rouge
But every junkie is like a setting sun
But maybe just a half a drink more
But the heat came 'round and busted me for smiling on a cloudy day
Call me stupid call me sad 
Can't you see that is is just raining? Ain't no need to go outside 
Cause a rolling stone gathers no moss
Chasin down a hoodoo there
Circle songs and sands of time
City maps and spinal taps
Climbing up on the mountain, heartbeat pounding, reckless as a cyclone 
Crunch like nuts in the mouths of squirrels 
Dear Abby, got a problem 
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage 
Divided sky, the wind blows high
Do you have the time to listen to me whine?
Does this thing still work?
Don’t you know I’m loco 
Easy like a Sunday morning 
Eight days a week
Even though the moment passed me by, I still can't turn away
Ever wonder if it’s all for you
Every time that wheel goes around your bound to cover just a little more ground 
Fairly easy ride my ass
Fighting for a lost cause 
First awake will stoke the coast
Flies in the Vaseline we are sometimes it blows my mind 
Friend is a four letter word 
Full of broken thoughts that I cannot repair
Give me things that don't get lost
Got a little change in my pocket
Got my toes in the water and my ass in the sand
Guess it’s better than nothing
Half my heart is in havanna
He had a black eye he was proud of 
He said you'd like to at least make yourself happy though 
Hello darkness my old friend 
Hello me, it’s me again
Hey wake up, your eyes wern't open wide
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat any meat
How many subplots you got swimming through that mind
How's it go again? 
Humidity is rising (uh rising), barometer's getting low (oh low, girl)
Hung over on the dresser with my brain leakin 
I ain’t got no body
I am not who I want to be. I probably will not ever be 
I am so out of tune with you 
I attack with love, pure bug beauty
I can barely see the road from the heat comin' off of it
I can't swim so I dog paddle
I did it all for the biscuit 
I didn't know that the words you said to me meant more to me than they ever could you 
I don’t mind you coming here and wasting all my time
I don’t remember you looking any better but then again I don’t remember you
I don’t want to live like this, but I don’t want to die 
I fake it so real I am beyond fake
I focus on the pain, the only thing that's real 
I got a bug in my margarita 
I got a pocket full of quarters and I'm heading to the arcade 
I got guns in my head and they won't go 
I hear that train a comin
I hope I've got a little more time, I hope somebody lends me a dime 
I hurt myself today To see if I still feel 
I just can't find the time to write my mind the way I want it to read 
I just toss that ham in the fryin pan
I keep my eyes wide open all the time 
I kind of wanna be more than friends 
I like me better when I’m with you
I love the dirty things you do when I have control of you 
I love you like a fat kid loves cake 
I made the bus in seconds flat
I might be freakin or peakin but I rock well
I must inquire, Wilson. Can you still have fun?
I need the crack of the whip I need some blood in the cut 
I smell sex and candy here 
I stroked the fattest dimes at least a couple of times
I walk the line
I want to breathe in the open wind
I want to love you madly 
I was dreaming when I wrote this so sue me if I go too fast 
I was riding down the road one day and someone hit a possum
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy 
I’m going down town in a dead mans clothes
I’m just waiting on a friend
I’m still running against the wind 
I’m the ice cream man. Stop me when I’m driving by
If I only had a brain 
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will
If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one your with
If you come on to me, will I come home to you?
If you find yourself standing at the end of your line
If you get lost, you can always be found 
If you go straight long enough you will end up where you were 
I'll confess this you're my tragedy 
I'm an alcoholic, middle fingers in the air 
I'm back in the saddle again
I'm down, digging through my old muscles looking for a clue 
I'm in deep with this girl but she's out of her mind 
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round 
I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
I'm not an addict (maybe that's a lie) 
I'm not sure who I am 
I'm out on bail, the checks in the mail 
I'm still running against the wind 
I'm stuck in Folsom Prison
In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey 
Inside my hope is fading
Islands in the stream, that is what we are
Isn’t it ironic 
It didn't feel like the wrong time or place 
It feels good for the first time in a long time now 
It never rains in Southern California 
It seems I found the road to nowhere
It took four years, three months, two weeks and a Sunday
It’s tricky 
It's another day, another chance to throw it all away 
It's as simple as something that nobody knows
It's getting hot in here
It's gonna have you begging pretty please 
It's hittin rock bottom smoke 'em if you got 'em
It's nobody's fault but my own 
It's not a habit, it's cool, I feel alive 
It's so noisy at the fair but all your friends are there 
It's the way you cling to the road when the wind tries to shove you
I've changed my mid so much I can't even trust it 
I've dreamt about you every night this week
I've said what I'd said and you know what I mean but I still can't focus on anything 
Just nod if you can hear me
Just turn around now you are not welcome anymore 
Let's ride, ride how we ride 
Life handed us a paycheck, we said, "We worked harder than this!" 
Life is too short to last long
Long as I remember the rain been comin down 
Long distance drunk 
Looking for legs in all the wrong places
Loose your face, loose your name then get fitted for a suit of flame
Making the best of the worst day kind of night 
May the wind take your troubles away
Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan 
My brain's the burger and my heart's the coal
My get up and go must have got up and went 
My hell comes from inside, why fight this 
My thoughts were so loud, I couldn't hear my mouth
New boot goofin
Night falls on all our decisions. All our plans and all ambitions
No more tears
Nobody's fault but mine 
Nothing shakin on shake down street
Nothing to see here but sparklers, fountains and snakes
Now what do we have here an outlaw and his beer 
Now you make the scene all day, but tomorrow there'll be hell to pay 
Occasionally glancing up through the rain 
Oh baby you, you got what I need
On a life boat sailing home with our drunken hearts and our tired bones
On my hands and knees, I will roll, roll, roll
on their knees the war pigs crawling 
One eye on the open road 
Open up my head and let me out 
Out of gas, Out of road, Out of car I don't know how I'm going to go 
Paint by numbers morning sky looks so phony
Pirate ride
Please don't make any sudden moves you don't know the half of the abuse 
Pretty sure I saw the devil on a porch swing as we rode into hell
Psycle therapy confirms that I am not right
Put me in coach
Radar Lovins
Raindrops keep falling on my head 
Rat in a drain ditch, caught on a limb, you know better but I know him
Reluctantly crouched at the starting line 
Riding down the road one day someone hit a possum
Ripple in still water
Rocking Robin goes tweet tweet tweet
Run me around and make me hurt again and again 
Run me out in the cold rain and snow
Runs like a junkyard dog with a brain of bras
Sad songs and waltzes aren’t selling this year
Same as it ever was 
Say hello 2 heaven 
Secret Lovers that's what we are, we shouldn't be together
Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul 
She ain't no ball and chain 
She F-N hates me 
She goes in and out and in and out and in and out
She holds a smile like someone would hold a crying child 
She is fast and thorough and sharp as a tack 
She pulled her dinner from her pocket 
She smiles when the pain comes
She takes a swing but she can't hit 
She's a butcher with a smile 
She's got a whole lot of reasons, she can't think of a single one that justify leaving 
Shove me in the shallow water before I get too deep
Singing in the rain
situation number 4, the one who left you wanting more
Slip sliding away
Slow and low, that is the tempo
Slow down everyone your moving too fast
Slowride, easy, slowride, sleazy
Snot rockets in flight, afternoon delight
So many roads to ease my soul 
So where are you? It's bee a little while 
Some beach
Some day you will ache like I ache 
Some of them want to be abused
Someone do me a favor and pour me some Jaeger
Someone else came out to win her, and I came out in second place
Someone told me long ago, there's a calm before the storm 
Sometime we will find that these are the best of times
Sometimes I'm angry that I feel so angry 
Sometimes you get lost
Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary 
Still I burn this earth and fire
Stop, collaborate and listen 
suddenly i'm not half the man i used to be 
Summer Lovin it happened so fast
Suns coming up I got cakes on the griddle
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy 
Take me to the river
Take your economy car and suitcase 
Talking shit about a pretty sunset 
Tangled up in blue
That is the sound of the men working on the chain gang
That the winds had swept me Wilson's way 
That’s all folks
That's why I say hey man nice shot, nice shot man 
The chocolate starfish and the hot dog flavored water 
The empty bottle was half empty 
The future is in the palm of your hand 
The good times are killing me 
The heart cracked, double down dreamer
The moment ends 
The more you chase the cat the more it bites and scratch 
The noose is hanging, at least you won't die wondering 
The rain is gonna come, oh it surely looks like rain
The senoritas don't care-o when there's no dinero
The sun will come out tomorrow 
The tires are the things on your car that makes contact to the road 
The truth is I just don't stand a chance 
The way you do the things you do
The whole damn situation could have been avoided if I only shut the window 
There are times when you can beckon, there are times when you must call
There is an emptiness in side her 
There might be a little dust on the bottle 
There's some good points, some bad points 
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
These shorts are made for walking
These walls are paper thin and everyone hears every little sound 
They did the mash, it was a graveyard smash 
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
They really want you, they really do
They'll stone you and then they'll say good luck 
They're always having a good time down on the bayou
This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about 
This is my message to youhoohoo
Those kicks were fast as lightning
Ticket to ride
Time to take her home her dizzy head is conscious laden 
To a little dive bar in Dahlonega
Too much trippin' and my soul's worn thin 
Trying to play me like my name is Sega 
Two bottles of bud light and a can full of whoop ass 
Two hands on the wheel 
Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl
Wash uffitze drive to firenze
We all have some place to go
We are all just prisoners here, of our own device
We have cluster flies alas
We have to keep this traffic flowing and except a little sin 
We sit here stranded, though we’re all doin’ our best to deny it
We’re going to party like it’s 1999
We'll all float on all right 
We'll make great pets 
Well take what you want from me. You deserve it all. 
Well we sat on the edge of the river, the crowd screamed, "sacrifice the liver!" 
Well, the lampshade's on fire when the lights go out
Were all stars now in the dope show
We're better when we're together 
We're high above but on the floor 
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl
We've all seen a man at the liquor store beggin' for your change 
What have I become
What part of yourself can you afford to loose
What time is it?
What we have here is a failure to communicate 
What's my name again?
Wheels keep on spinning round, spinning round and round 
When something's going wrong, you must whip it 
When the bottle gets empty, lord it sure ain't worth a damn 
When will these ideas really be my own? 
When you dig my grave, can you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain 
When you only have a hammer everything looks like a nail 
When your hot your hot, when your not your not
Where is my head? Where are my bones?
Who cares about the clouds when we’re together 
Who stopped the rain
Wish I knew you when I was young
With a horn that's honking like a mariachi band 
Woke up, fell out of bed
Won't you come and see me queen Jane? 
yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away
Yo so I continued to a1a Beachfront Ave
You cant get the chicken or the stuffing 
you gotta have dreams to make it all worthwhile 
You have to fight for your right to party
You hurt her but you don't know why 
You know we need oxygen to breathe
You only answer perhaps, perhaps, perhaps 
You turn the screws 
You’re my #1 the reason I'm still up at dawn 
You're the reason I've run out, Run out of metaphors
You've lost that lovin feeling
Zipping through the forest with the curdling fleas   

No comments:

Post a Comment